Emirates Green Building Council member
We are excited to announce that Propelair is now part of the Emirates Green Building Council. Together we will strive towards Sustainability through our Water Saving Technology!
The EmiratesGBC is a non-government organisation that promotes and educates on sustainability in the built environment and is the official Green Building Council for the UAE endorsed by the World Green Building Council.
Founded in 2006, EmiratesGBC has around 150 members consisting of thousands of individuals and likeminded businesses interested making a sustainable difference throughout the UAE region.
For the UAE to be a global leader for sustainability in the built environment.
Emirates Green Building Council is a catalyst for collaboration and a hub for excellence to promote sustainability of the built environment in the UAE.
What challenges are the UAE and GCC countries facing?
Due to water shortages, businesses are under pressure to implement sustainable strategies and ensure that they are reducing their water consumption, hitting net-zero targets and working towards Corporate Social Responsibility.
As part of the six countries that make up the GCC, the UAE face some of the most serious water shortages globally. The physical water stress levels in all seven states are ranked as extremely high. The stress level is determined by aggregated risk levels for water stress indicators like drought and the ratio of total water consumption to available renewable water supplies.
As elsewhere, water is becoming scarce in the already arid GCC. Due to water shortages, businesses are under pressure to implement cost-effective strategies to save water.
The water risk takes into consideration factors such as water stress, water depletion, interannual variability, seasonal variability, groundwater table decline, riverine flood risk, coastal flood risk and drought risk. Higher values indicate higher water quantity risk.
Source – Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas
The solution: Propelair
1. Propelair® has a two-section cistern; one for air and one for water
2. Before Flushing, the lid is closed to form a seal
3. When the flush sensor is activated water enters the pan to wash it, followed by air from the unique patented pump. The air cannot escape due to the sealed lid. This pushes out the entire contents of the pan to give a powerful, reliable flush.
4. The remaining water fills the water trap.
5. The flush is completed in 3 seconds with the toilet ready to be re-flushed in 20-30 seconds. (subject to water supply pressure)