As part of a continuing rollout of Propelair technology across the Barclays portfolio, 27 toilets have been installed following the success of a 19-day trial at the Barclaycard Call Centre premises in Kirkby, a high occupancy site – as well as two additional Barclays premises surveyed.
As well as significant improvements in resource efficiency, Propelair is one of the most hygienic toilets available and its design is a significant step change compared to conventional toilets, with better performance, quicker flush and a simple maintenance process, making it the suitable choice for the demands of this high usage site.
The installation of 27 Propelair toilets has saved Barclays 2,062,228 litres of water annually, which has led to a saving in water bills of £5,939.
Metered Water Charge
Flushes per Day
Previous Flush Volume
(All figures represent a single Propelair unit)
- The installation of 27 Propelair toilets will achieve a 73% water saving
- Annually this will save 2,062,228 litres of water (building utilisation = 363 days)
- An annual carbon reduction of 2,108 kg
- 2,062,228 litres of water saving = £5,939 reduction in water bills annually
- Payback achieved in 3.3 years
- Propelair’s unique displaced air technology efficiently removes all waste with one flush
- Reduces airborne germs by up to 95%
- Removes up to 99.9% of waterborne contaminants