Propelair were engaged to carry out a study of the toilet facilities at the Barnsley Hospital A&E Department. They were looking to reduce water consumption and operational costs across their site.
During the 10 day monitoring period, the data from 6 toilets across 2 washrooms was collected. The results were very positive with the toilets on average being flushed 140 times per day. The 200 toilets across the site would result in the following savings detailed below.
The Propelair toilets would bring huge financial and environmental benefits to Barnsley Hospital. Annually the site would save 66,430,000 litres of water and reduce their water bills by £189,326.
Metered Water Charge
Flushes per Day
Previous Flush Volume
(All figures represent a single Propelair unit)
- The installation of 200 Propelair toilets will achieve an 81% water saving
- Annually this will save 66,430,000 litres of water (building utilisation = 365 days)
- An annual carbon reduction equivalent to 68,676 kg
- 66,430,000 litres of water saving = £189,326 reduction in water bills annually
- Payback achieved in 1.3 years
- Propelair’s unique displaced air technology efficiently removes all waste with one flush
- Reduces airborne germs by 95%
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne contaminants