As part of Cardiff Universities initiative to look at their current water consumption across their portfolio, Propelair were engaged to carry out a study of their toilets water usage at their administration building, McKenzie House, Cardiff.
Following on from the monitoring and the data recorded, Cardiff University decided to replace all their toilets at McKenzie House with 40 Propelair units.
The 40 Propelair toilets installed bring huge environmental and cost saving benefits, annually Cardiff University will save 5,262,400 litres of water equating to over £16k worth of water bill savings.
Metered Water Charge
Flushes per Day
Previous Flush Volume
(All figures represent a single Propelair unit)
- The installation of 40 Propelair toilets will achieve a 90% water saving
- Annually this will save 5,262,400 litres of water (building utilisation = 260 days)
- An annual carbon reduction of 5,482 kg
- 5,262,400 litres of water saving = £16,366 reduction in water bills annually
- Payback achieved in 2.3 years
- Propelair’s unique displaced air technology efficiently removes all waste with one flush
- Reduces airborne germs by up to 95%
- Removes up to 99.9% of waterborne contaminants