Lyceum Theatre, London
The Lyceum Theatre were looking into how they could speed up toilet cubicle usage during intermission times but also how they could reduce water and maintenance costs.
As a result of these initiatives Propelair were approached to look at how their toilet system might help with this. After a brief trial they decided to purchase 15 toilets and are looking at replacing their remaining toilets with the Propelair system. Replacing all public toilets (assumption: 60 toilets) could save around 8.5 million litres of water and over £18K annually.
As a result of this initiative the Lyceum has seen increased takings in the Bar and fewer people being late to take their seats after the intermission ends. They have also seen a significant reduction in water and maintenance issues. This has also been a success at other theatres such as the Peacock Theatre in London.
Metered Water Charge
Flushes per Day
Previous Flush Volume
(All figures represent a single Propelair unit)
- The installation of 15 Propelair toilets will achieve a 83% water saving
- Annually this will save 2,141,100 litres of water (building utilisation = 312 days)
- An annual carbon reduction of 2,219 kg
- 2,141,400 litres of water saving = £4,603 reduction in water bills annually
- Payback achieved in 3 years
- Propelair’s unique displaced air technology efficiently removes all waste with one flush
- Reduces airborne germs by up to 95%
- Removes up to 99.9% of waterborne contaminants