This year we were in sunny Sydney joining other like-minded organisations to drive sustainability forward at the Green Building Council of Australia’s annual TRANSFORM event, where we were very proud to be an Activation Partner.
About the event
With Australia being one of the biggest consumers of water on the globe and rainfall declining in recent years, it’s important that businesses work towards more sustainable practices and the utilisation of water saving technology.
This year marked the 5th annual TRANSFORM conference, an industry-leading event at the forefront of the sustainable built environment. The occasion drives awareness for more environmentally practices, attracting sustainability driven individuals from around the globe.
Jorge Chapa, the GBCA’s Chief Impact Officer, concluded TRANSFORM 2023 with a clarion call:
“One phrase was repeated several times over the last two days: ‘If not me, who? If not now, when?’ Allow me to paraphrase: ‘If not us, then who?’.”
The Green Building Council Australia rates the sustainability of buildings, fitouts and communities through Australia’s largest national, voluntary, holistic rating system – Green Star.
They represent 600+ members including individual companies and other like-minded businesses. The aim of the GBCA is to educate industry, government practitioners and decision-makers, and promote green building programs, technologies, design practices and operations.
At the event there was a clear focus on the impact of ESG in real Estate.
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance. It is a strategic framework where Investors identify, assess and address organisational objectives & activities – including areas such as carbon footprint and commitment to sustainability.
Investors are increasingly applying these non-financial factors as part of their analysis process to identify risks and growth opportunities. With this in mind, businesses need to be doing all they can to become sustainable and as quickly as possible. It’s not only driving company ethos, ESG factors are at the forefront of big investment decisions. Some further key areas discussed at the TRANSFORM conference included:
- Energy Performance Certificates
- EU Taxonomy
- Science Based Target Initiatives (SBTIs)
- Net Zero Building Alliance
Water stress Australia
Australian rainfall deciles for the combined three-year 2017, 2018, and 2019 April–September periods (based on all years since 1900).
Source – Australian Government | Bureau of Meteorology
The solution: Propelair
1. Propelair® has a two-section cistern; one for air and one for water
2. Before Flushing, the lid is closed to form a seal
3. When the flush sensor is activated water enters the pan to wash it, followed by air from the unique patented pump. The air cannot escape due to the sealed lid. This pushes out the entire contents of the pan to give a powerful, reliable flush.
4. The remaining water fills the water trap.
5. The flush is completed in 3 seconds with the toilet ready to be re-flushed in 20-30 seconds. (subject to water supply pressure)